Remove noise with Audacity
The freeware program Audacity helps you to improve the quality of your audio files, for instance by removing noise from your recordings.
Easy noise removal
1. Start Audacity and load the audio file that you want to edit. The file will be displayed in a waveform.
2. Look for a passage in the waveform, where only noise can be heard and mark it.
3. Go to „Effect“ → „Noise Removal“ and click on „Get Noise Profile“.
4. Now mark the complete recording (Ctrl + A).
5. Again, go to „Effect“ → „Noise Removal“. This time, click on „Preview“ to listen to the result.
6. Experiment with the „noise reduction“ to optimize the result. When you are satisfied with the result, click on „ok“.
7. To finish the editing process, the project has to be exported. Go to „file“ → „export“ - fill in the meta data if necessary – and confirm with „ok“. Lastly, choose the output foprmat and the target folder.